Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Safe Arrival in Livingston

We saw Phillip off at the airport on Sunday afternoon (May 3). He and Karina (a girl from our church who was also going on this trip) left from Louisville for a 30 hour trip to Livingston, Zambia via Atlanta, London, Johannesburg.

Yesterday afternoon, Phillip posted on his facebook page that he had arrived safe and sound. Then he chatted with me for a few minutes about his trip. He and Karina arrived without incident with all their luggage intact. After all our previous trips to Kenya, this truly is an amazing feat. God is good. Here is what Phillip sent to us this morning:

______

Hey everybody!! I arrived in Zambia today without any problems. I just wanted to thank everybody who has been praying and supporting me on this trip. I ask that you continue to keep me in your prayers. I will continue to update you all as things start happening.

The camp here is beautiful ... right on the edge of a cliff above the zambezi river. In the distance, you can see the smoke rising from Victoria falls. I'll be sleeping in a small one person tent for the summer. I hear that next week we'll spend the week living in a village. I'll keep you all posted and I'll be putting some pictures up soon. God Bless!

~Phil.

Here are some pictures he took.

2 comments:

  1. Phillip, we're all so happy that you arrived safely!! Have a great time!! Take time to drink water and rest.... and take care of your feet!! (I'm sorry, but I'm a mom, and I have to say this!!)

    Love You!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...Nana and Papa are here at our house looking online to see if you've written.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete